Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quick Easy Cheap Meals: Dessert in a Jiffy!

I received this recipe from my sister-in-law years ago, and the same recipe card, now all tattered, torn and discolored still sits in its special spot in my cupboard, ready to pull out in a moment's notice.

Quick Cobbler
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 quart fruit, drained

Put butter in 9 x 13 pan or slightly smaller and put in oven while preheating. (350)
Mix remaining ingredients except fruit. Pour over melted butter.
Mix together. Drop fruit on top of batter evenly. Do not mix.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

This recipe has been great to use over the years. I always try to keep some bottled or canned fruit in my pantry, and the other ingredients are pantry basics. If you would like to try using the fruit liquid instead of milk, then cut down the sugar slightly. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

No comments: