Friday, March 27, 2009

Oatmeal Pancakes

Okay, we all know we should be eating our oatmeal. I admit I really like oatmeal, but sometimes my family gets real tired of eating it.

Several years ago I stumbled upon this recipe and we like it so much, we have oatmeal pancakes at least once per week.

These are light yet filling. They can be served for any meal during the day, and go well with eggs or sausages or fresh or canned fruit.

So here's the recipe:

Oatmeal Pancakes

Pre-heat skillet to 345 degrees.
Set 1 1/2 cups oats and 2 cups milk in a bowl to soak while getting the other ingredients.
To the oat mixture, add 2 eggs and 1/4 cup oil. Whisk with fork until eggs are well mixed.
On top of this mixture, sprinkle 1 cup flour (I use whole wheat)-- and 1 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp baking powder.
Drop by 1/3 cups onto pre-heated skillet set to 345 degrees. Cook on one side until golden brown and bubbly on top. Turn and cook other side.
This recipe makes 14- 6 inch pancakes.

Optional: To batter, add 1 Tbsp sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon.

Years ago I printed this recipe and attached it to the inside of my cupboard. It's not there anymore because I have it memorized and can make it at the drop of a hat. You can too. I hope you enjoy our family's favorite way to eat oatmeal!

No comments: