Saturday, April 11, 2009

$10 Dinners part 4

Today I am only going to post 1 dinner rather than the usual 3. It's Easter weekend and I have really enjoyed having my kids home from school.
I have been trying to clean out my pantry and not spend too much money on new groceries until I find some more work. I am self-employed and I do research and editing. I had been employed by someone more than 10 years and just got let-go a month ago when he lost several of his big contracts.
We put together a meal mostly out of cans the other day and it was really good, so I wanted to share it.
We named it Beans-a-roni on toast. This size fed 7 of us.

7. Menu: beans-a-roni on toast, sliced fresh vegetable (whatever you have)
Shopping List: 2-28 oz cans beef-a-roni, 1 regular-size can pork & beans, bread for toasting and margarine, 1 fresh vegetable (cucumber, carrots, etc.)
Open beefaroni and beans. Combine and warm. Make toast. Slice cucumber or carrots or whatever. Serve warmed "beans-a-roni" on toast with cucumber on the side.
Total Cost = $6.00


I think it would have tasted good with some pineapple tidbits mixed in. I will try it next time.

No comments: